<$BlogRSDURL$>
: : : nostress ~ sidelinks : : :
welcome, to the lab of the zeroheroes ! here, in 0 time & 0 style, we'll try to serve you some interesting ressources, statements, manifests, study's, archives and other stuff that might help you to get . . . totally lost!

image (c) Bert Lezy
0

Wednesday, March 03, 2004







Autism Spectrum Disorders
or
"Ooops...Wrong Planet! Syndrome"
affect our family. My son Alex is Autistic
My son Ben and I are on
the Asperger Syndrome part of the Spectrum.


Welcome to my obsession!
This page will take you to pretty well everything I know about the Autism Spectrum and more.
It illustrates my own obsessive interest in Autism information gathering
and a desire to share what I know.
This is one of the Oldest Autism Spectrum Sites on the net and owned by an info-junkie,
You will find a massive pile of resources on these pages, a virtual guide to Planet Autism.
I also share our story, a personal look at our life on the Spectrum.

Enjoy your tour around these pages
I'm always adding and revising so come back often and see what's new.
If there's something you think I might be able to help you with....
just ask, drop a note in my mailbox.


~~*~~
See me beautiful, look for the best in me
it's what I really am, and all I want to be
it may take some time
it may be hard to find
but see me beautiful
See me beautiful, each and every day
could you take a chance? could you find a way?
to see me shining through
in everything I do
and see me beautiful
~Red Grammer~
(from Teaching Peace)




Welcome To Our World......




Life on a Spectrum....This link goes to our story, our family.
It tells how Alex, Ben and I are affected by life on the Spectrum.
I've included information and links to the different therapies we use or have used
along with school reports and some of Alex's short stories and drawings.
There's also a page about me and how AS affects my life.
For photo lovers, there are pictures of all of us.

Autism the boy is Alex Bain.
Autism is happy and sad.
I like Autism.
Autism makes me different from my friends.
That's OK.
-Alex, March 2000





The Maze. The Heart of my Webpage.
For all of you who have been here before and noticed that my Page looks a little different,
this is where it gets a LOT different. Step into my all new Updated and TOTALLY reorganized Link Page.
More Autism links than you can shake a stick at!
From the very Basics to the "Back Garden" (where anything might pop up),
The Maze will take you on a virtual tour through the Autism Spectrum, from every point of view.

maze n 1 a: something intricately or confusingly elaborate or complicated.
Syn. winding, meandering, ,labyrinth, perplexity, enigma, riddle, puzzle
Ant. facility, circularity, perception, knowledge, enlightenment

It is my intent that The Maze be ALL of the above.
On the one hand, there is an overwhelming amount of information in The Maze,
on the other, I hope it is organized and connected in such a way that
you never get lost trying to find just what you're looking for.





Was autism the secret of Warhol's art?
Social ineptitude, love of uniformity, obsessive attention to detail all are classic symptoms, say those who paint the artist as psychologically disabled

By Vanessa Thorpe, Arts Correspondent
Guardian Unlimited

Sunday March 14, 1999


The image of a tin of soup repeated across a canvas has always been thought of as Andy Warhol's ironic response to popular culture. But there is growing evidence that the late pop artist's love of repetition was actually a symptom of autism, the psychological disability that channels thought down unusual or 'eccentric' paths.

According to a paper submitted to the National Autistic Society, many of Warhol's artistic and behavioural traits bear marks of the condition. His social ineptitude, care to use the minimum of words in speech, difficulty recognising friends and obsession with the uniformity of consumer goods are each thought to be clues that Warhol was autistic to some degree.

'It is fascinating how many of the things he did are typical of autism,' said Dr Judith Gould, director of Eliot House, Britain's leading diagnostic centre for autism and its milder, or 'higher functioning', form, Asperger syndrome. 'I would say, from the study I have seen, that Warhol almost certainly had Asperger syndrome.'

She believes that higher functioning forms of autism are often associated with prodigious talent and even with artistic genius. The theory has quickly gained ground among experts, some of whom were already working on the relationship between autistic behaviour and creative talent.

The notion that Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, L. S. Lowry and Peter Sellers were all autistic has been current for some time, but in most of these cases there is less surviving proof than in Warhol's.

The composer Ian Stewart, who first put forward the argument that Warhol was autistic, has also been diagnosed with a mild form of the condition. He says he was initially struck by hearing of the artist's obsessive buying of the same make of green cotton underpants. 'He describes the process so carefully in his autobiography A to B and Back Again that I was immediately reminded of autistic behaviour. He was convinced the green ones felt different to other colours.

...more...









Last Updated: Wednesday, 30 April, 2003, 23:13 GMT 00:13 UK


Einstein and Newton 'had autism'

Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton may have suffered from a type of autism, according to experts.


Einstein was a notoriously confusing lecturer

Researchers at Cambridge and Oxford universities believe both scientists displayed signs of Asperger's Syndrome.

Many people with Asperger's are often regarded as being eccentric. They sometimes lack social skills, are obsessed with complex topics and can have problems communicating.

This latest research suggests that Einstein, who is credited with developing the theory of relativity, and Newton, who discovered the laws of gravity, had these traits to varying degrees.

According to the researchers, Einstein showed signs of Asperger's from a young age.

As a child, he was a loner and often repeated sentences obsessively until he was seven years old. He was also a notoriously confusing lecturer.

Later in life, the German-born scientist made intimate friends, had numerous affairs and spoke out on political issues.

...more...



Comments:

Post a Comment







take me
::: to the top :::
::: to the lab-archives :::
::: to the :::nostress::: homepage :::
::: to the :::nostress::: archives :::
::: to the pics :::

www.flickr.com
photos in Situationism More photos in Situationism

Acronym Finder

Acronym or abbreviation to find:



0 linking 0
Blogroll Me!

Powered by Blogger